In 2015 Bristol Photographic Society moved into new premises; these were purpose built to suit our needs and hopefully will see us well into the 21st Century.
The clubrooms consist of ground and first floors.
- Main meeting room that can seat 100+ people with a raised stage area at the front; there is an electric projection screen over the stage and a ceiling mounted digital projector. The projector is wired through to the lectern (on the stage) at the front and the PC desk at the rear of the room.
- There is a CCTV camera mounted in the ceiling to reproduce printed images, displayed on the front wall, on the two large monitors mounted on the side walls to make it easier for people at the back to see the prints.
- There is a fully integrated microphone and sound system.
- There is an induction "hearing aid loop" installed to enable those members of the audience who wear hearing aids to hear what the speaker is saying.
- Part of the meeting room can be converted into a purpose built studio area which includes a state of the art Bowens HiGlide studio lighting system which we believe to be the only one of its type in any camera clubrooms in the Country.
- The main meeting room has a smaller area which is used for serving tea and coffee, it can also be used for smaller meetings.
- There is a small kitchen suitable for preparing hot drinks and buffet style catering. There is a fridge and microwave installed.
- There are separate Mens and Ladies toilet facilities with the Ladies doubling as a disabled toilet with wheelchair access and DDA compliant fittings.
- On the first floor there is another smaller meeting/committee room, again fitted out for both print display and projected images.
Throughout all of the meeting rooms the walls are fitted with a simple picture display system which allows for up to 150 50cm x 40cm mounted prints to be displayed.
All of the meeting rooms are air conditioned and the lighting throughout is "daylight" to ensure that pictures always display at their best.
Booking the Clubrooms
If you would like information about booking the clubrooms for your own organisation, please contact the Bookings Manager, Mike Bigger, at email@example.com
A "panorama" of the clubrooms showing the stage area on the left hand side and the Tea/Coffee area on the right. In the centre of the photograph you can see where the Bowens HiGlide studio lighting system is installed.
|The Meeting Room, showing Tea/Coffee area beyond||The fully equipped Studio|
|The meeting room in action||The tea and coffee area|